How to Download YouTube Videos on PC with VLC
YouTube is one of the most popular video-sharing platforms in the world, with billions of hours of content available for streaming. However, sometimes you may want to download a YouTube video to your PC for offline viewing, editing, or sharing. There are many tools and websites that can help you do that, but did you know that you can also use VLC media player to download YouTube videos?
What is VLC and why use it to download YouTube videos?
VLC is a free and open-source media player that can play almost any type of video and audio file. It is also a versatile tool that can perform various functions, such as converting, streaming, recording, and downloading media files. One of the hidden features of VLC is that it can download YouTube videos with just a few clicks.
There are several advantages of using VLC to download YouTube videos, such as:
- You don’t need to install any additional software or extensions.
- You don’t need to worry about malware or viruses from third-party websites.
- You can choose the quality and format of the downloaded video.
- You can use VLC on Windows, Mac, Linux, and other operating systems.
How to download YouTube videos with VLC in 4 easy steps
Here is how you can download YouTube videos on PC with VLC in 4 easy steps:
- Copy the URL of the YouTube video you want to download from your browser.
- Open VLC and go to Media > Open Network Stream (or press Ctrl + N).
- Paste the URL into the network URL field and click Play.
- Go to Tools > Codec Information (or press Ctrl + J) and copy the location URL at the bottom.
- Open a new browser tab and paste the location URL. Right-click on the video and select Save video as. Choose a name and location for the file and click Save.
Congratulations! You have successfully downloaded a YouTube video with VLC.
Summary of the main points
In this article, we have shown you how to download YouTube videos on PC with VLC. We have explained what VLC is and why it is a good option for downloading YouTube videos. We have also provided a step-by-step guide on how to use VLC to download YouTube videos in any quality and format you want. We hope you found this article helpful and informative.
- Q: Can I download YouTube videos with VLC on my phone?
- A: No, unfortunately, this method only works on PC. If you want to download YouTube videos on your phone, you will need to use other apps or websites.
- Q: Can I download YouTube videos with subtitles using VLC?
- A: Yes, you can. You just need to enable subtitles in VLC before copying the location URL. To do that, go to Subtitle > Sub Track > Track 1 (or any other track that has subtitles).
- Q: Can I download multiple YouTube videos at once using VLC?
- A: No, you can only download one YouTube video at a time using VLC. If you want to download multiple YouTube videos at once, you will need to use other tools or websites.
- Q: Can I download YouTube playlists using VLC?
- A: No, you can only download individual YouTube videos using VLC. If you want to download YouTube playlists, you will need to use other tools or websites.
- Q: Is it legal to download YouTube videos using VLC?
- A: It depends on the terms and conditions of the video owner and YouTube. Generally, it is not legal to download YouTube videos without permission from the video owner or YouTube. You should only download YouTube videos for personal use and not for commercial or illegal purposes. You should also respect the intellectual property rights of the video owner and YouTube.
: https://news.yahoo.com/nuclear-fusion-breakthrough-reactor-runs-130157687.html : https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/17143468/holy-grail-fusion-experiments-breakthrough-race-unlimited-energy/ : https://www.the-sun.com/news/4381435/holy-grail-fusion-experiments-breakthrough-race-unlimited-energy/ : https://www.newscientist.com/article/2336385-korean-nuclear-fusion-reactor-achieves-100-millionc-for-30-seconds/ : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_core : https://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/planetary/factsheet/sunfact.html : https://www.youtube.com/about/copyright/