—> ServiceClient failure for DeepLeo[/ERROR]
What is ISM Malayalam Typing?
ISM Malayalam Typing is a software program that allows users to type in Malayalam using the standardised Inscript layout. Inscript is an Indian keyboard layout that supports 12 Indian languages, including Malayalam. ISM Malayalam Typing is developed by the Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC), a government organisation that promotes the use of Indian languages in information technology.
Why Use ISM Malayalam Typing?
ISM Malayalam Typing has several advantages for users who want to type in Malayalam on their computers. Some of the advantages are:
- Easy to Learn: ISM Malayalam Typing is easy to learn for people who are familiar with Malayalam or with other Inscript keyboards. The keyboard uses a normal English (QWERTY) keyboard, with some keys assigned to Malayalam characters. The keyboard layout is logical and consistent, and follows the natural order of the Malayalam alphabet.
- Standardised and Compatible: ISM Malayalam Typing is standardised and compatible with various applications and platforms. The keyboard layout is approved by the Government of India and follows the Unicode standard for encoding Malayalam characters. The keyboard works with Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems, and with popular software such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, and Google Chrome.
- Free and Reliable: ISM Malayalam Typing is free and reliable for users who want to type in Malayalam. The software can be downloaded from the official website of C-DAC or from other trusted sources. The software is regularly updated and maintained by C-DAC, and has a low error rate and a high accuracy rate.
How to Download and Install ISM Malayalam Typing?
ISM Malayalam Typing can be downloaded and installed on your computer in a few simple steps. Here are the steps to follow:
- Download: Go to the official website of C-DAC or any other trusted source and download the ISM Basic V6 software package. The package contains the ISM Malayalam Typing software along with other tools and fonts for typing in Indian languages.
- Install: Run the setup file and follow the instructions on the screen to install the ISM Basic V6 software on your computer. You may need to restart your computer after the installation is complete.
- Select: Go to the Start menu and open the ISM Basic V6 program. Select Malayalam as your language and Inscript as your keyboard layout. You can also change the settings and preferences of the program according to your needs.
- Type: Open any application that supports typing in Malayalam, such as Microsoft Word or Notepad. Press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+M to activate the ISM Malayalam Typing mode. You can now type in Malayalam using the Inscript keyboard layout.
How to Type Malayalam Characters with ISM Malayalam Typing?
ISM Malayalam Typing uses the Inscript keyboard layout, which is based on the phonetic structure of the Malayalam language. The keyboard layout has 46 keys for Malayalam characters, which are arranged in 12 rows. The keyboard layout also has keys for English characters, punctuation marks, and symbols.
To type Malayalam characters with ISM Malayalam Typing, you need to follow these rules:
- Vowels: To type a vowel, press the key that corresponds to the vowel sound. For example, to type അ, press A; to type ആ, press Shift+A; to type ഇ, press I; and so on.
- Consonants: To type a consonant, press the key that corresponds to the consonant sound. For example, to type ക, press K; to type ഖ, press Shift+K; to type ഗ, press G; and so on.
- Matras: To type a matra (a vowel sign that modifies a consonant), press the key that corresponds to the matra sound after typing the consonant. For example, to type കാ, press K and then Shift+A; to type കി, press K and then I; and so on.
- Chillu Letters: To type a chillu letter (a consonant without a vowel sound), press the key that corresponds to the chillu sound after typing the consonant and then pressing Z. For example, to type ക്, press K and then Z; to type ണ്, press N and then Z; and so on.
- Combined Consonants: To type a combined consonant (a consonant cluster), type the first consonant, then the mark (`), then the second consonant. The computer will then combine the two consonants into a single character. For example, to type ന്ത, press N and then ` and then T; to type ക്ഷ, press K and then ` and then X; and so on.
How to Download and Use ISM Malayalam Typing Tutorial PDF?
If you want to learn more about ISM Malayalam Typing and practice your typing skills, you can download and use the ISM Malayalam Typing Tutorial PDF. The PDF file contains a detailed explanation of the Inscript keyboard layout, a list of all the Malayalam characters and their corresponding keys, and some exercises for typing words and sentences in Malayalam.
To download and use the ISM Malayalam Typing Tutorial PDF, you need to follow these steps:
- Download: Go to the official website of C-DAC or any other trusted source and download the ISM Malayalam Typing Tutorial PDF file. The file size is about 1 MB.
- Open: Open the PDF file with a PDF reader program such as Adobe Acrobat Reader or Foxit Reader. You can also print the file if you want a hard copy.
- Read: Read the PDF file carefully and understand the Inscript keyboard layout and its features. Pay attention to the examples and tips given in the file.
- Practice: Practice your typing skills by following the exercises given in the file. Try to type as fast and as accurately as possible. You can also create your own exercises by typing texts from books, newspapers, or websites in Malayalam.
ISM Malayalam Typing is a software program that allows users to type in Malayalam using the standardised Inscript layout. It is easy to use, standardised, compatible, free, reliable, educational, and cultural. It also has some challenges such as learning curve, limited support, and technical issues. Users can download and use the ISM Malayalam Typing Tutorial PDF to learn more about the Inscript keyboard layout and practice their typing skills. ISM Malayalam Typing is a useful and valuable tool for anyone who wants to type in Malayalam on their computers.